Students are rewarded for work and contributions which go beyond our expectations and demonstrate our values of Achievement, Resilience and Community. Parents and carers are able to see instantly when their child has been rewarded through our School Gateway app and can join us in praising students on their return home.
Students will receive an achievement point for every week that they have 100% attendance. There are also regular rewards for students whose attendance exceeds the academy target, as well as for those who maintain their 100% record. On day 100/100, all students and staff are rewarded with a small gift if they have achieved 100% attendance. Their names are entered into a draw for a more substantial prize.
Students are also rewarded in the following ways:
- Reward afternoons at the Acre Youth Centre
- Film nights
- Priority access to end of year trips
- Shopping vouchers
- Easter eggs
- Reward points which can be spent at the academy
- Letters of praise
- Faculty postcards
- Termly reward assemblies
- Daily appreciations during whole academy assemblies
- Presentation events – students are nominated by faculty leaders for effort, achievement or commitment to the subject area
Please support us in celebrating your child’s rewards by continuing to praise them at home. If your child has done something special outside of the academy, please let us know so that we can celebrate their success here too. We love to publish good news stories featuring student (and staff) success!