Work experience provides students with a valuable opportunity to develop their awareness and familiarity with the world of work and experience first-hand the responsibilities of being an employee.
Some of the benefits of undertaking work experience include:
- Development of new and improves existing skills, such as communication and organisation
- Improves students’ chances of gaining employment and enhances their curriculum vitae
- Students are better prepared for the transition from education to work
- Students have a better understanding of which pathway they would like to pursue in the future
- Create opportunities for the future
- Increases confidence.
Year 10 – Work experience week
All year 10 students undertake a week of work experience during the summer term from Monday 4th July 2022 to Friday 8th July 2022.To arrange your work experience placement or for more information, please contact email@example.com
Post-16 extended work experience
All post-16 vocational students are required to undertake a work experience placement related to the subject they are studying. Placements takes place one day a week during term time for the duration of the course.
Further information can be found in the work experience policy – our policies can be found here.